I’m a very light eater. I really am. That’s why I’m so damn skinny. I was supposed to be on this diet where you eat a lot of starches and crap, to gain weight and all, but I didn’t ever do it. When I’m out somewhere, I generally just eat a Swiss cheese sandwich and a malted milk. It isn’t much, but you get quite a lot of vitamins in the malted milk. H. V. Caulfield. Holden Vitamin Caulfield.
Showing posts tagged with “food”
by Adil Dara (via A D I L)
We know we need to eat more vegetables. The challenge is to do it with flavor and variety. So we’ve become creative. (via Kitchen Window: Even Your Mother Will Approve Of Vegetable Chips)
Photo: Susan Russo for NPR
There are recipes!
Ice Cream Sandwiches go glam: Homemade raspberry ice cream with coconut lemon shortbread. Why do we love these? The cookies are amazing on their own — fine-crumbed and a little shaggy with coconut and lemon zest — but they hold together like champs when matched with the ice cream.
Read more: Raspberry Ice Cream Sandwiches on Food52
A serious mix of killer summer recipes… drooling over here. (via With Style & Grace : Living a healthy, gluten-free life - Part 3)
An adult needs 1000mg of calcium a day!
1. Kale (raw), 100g - contains 205mg of calcium
2. Enriched soya milk, 100ml - contains 140mg of calcium
3. Tofu (calcium enriched), 100g - contains 150mg of calcium
4. Broccoli, 75g - contains 75mg of calcium
5. Almonds, 25g - contains 50mg of calcium
6. Soya beans (cooked), 75g - contains 50mg of calcium
7. Orange, 1 medium - contains 50g of calcium
8. Kidney beans (cooked), 75g - contains 50g of calcium
9. Blackberries, 100g - contains 35mg of calcium
10. Leeks, 50g - contains 30mg of calcium
Note to self (since family members are vegan)